Full-Service Residential Leasing Company
Many times our clients approach us to find them a qualified tenant for their property. We are qualified to handle the entire leasing process including:
- Perform a market analysis to determine fair market value to list for lease
- Advertising your property on over 100 different internet websites
- List the property for lease on the MLS® so over 10,000 Metro Detroit Realtors® can show it
- Complete a tenant application
- Process tenant income verification
- Process a thorough reference check including credit reports
- Contact former landlord(s) and employers when available
- Run Criminal background search
- Run National eviction search
- Annual Property Inspections
- Drafting of lease documents and proper landlord disclosure statements
- Collection of rent and automatic deposits into your account
- Move-In and Move-Out checklists
- We handle all landlord/tenant communication handyman service and various professionals available at all times
MARKETING TO THE EXTREME!
A few key marketing campaigns:
- Internet Campaign : Our Database is shared with over 45 websites generating over 1.2 MILLION views a month.
- Print Ads : We run ads every week in major and local newspapers;
- MLS® : Properties are listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS®) used by Real Estate professionals;
- Section 8 : Complete vacancy list is e-mailed to all local government offices every week;
- Signs : Large and unique sign in every yard;
- Cross Marketing : All potential tenant inquiries are profiled and stored for follow-up marketing of vacant homes;
- Placement Services : We maintain relationships with the nation's largest insurance, corporate relocation, and placement services.
Tenant Screening and Selection
A lot of property management companies will tell you they screen their tenants, or that they will run their credit, but do you really think running credit is enough to make an educated decision on whether you have the right person living in your property? We don't and therefore take our screening process very serious. Our thorough screening process is the reason we have far less evictions and problems collecting rent and keep your property occupied for longer periods of time.
- Complete credit evaluation
- Verification of employment
- Verification of income
- Criminal background check
- Eviction history from various courts in the area
- Sex Offender list verification
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
Tenant Move In
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Collect first months rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Coordinating with Attorney for legal representation in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenant's possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform annual inspections if necessary (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property when repairs are needed
- Provide accounting property management services
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee contractors for repair maintenance issues that arise
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide an network of contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Put the property back on the market for rent